With respect to the overall management of the practice, we envisage that the approach to the Management of projects fall into two main categories. These are:
- Setting up and monitoring systems for controlling the organisation, budgeting and timing of the project.
- Control of the consultants, contractors, as well as Council and public authority staff to ensure that their activities are co-ordinated and appear on time and within budget.
- A critical path schedule setting out the timing and responsibility for action for each activity.
- A budget and cashflow showing expenditure for each activity set-up on a time scale.
- An organisation showing responsibilities with a chain of command for the project and procedure for regular reporting.
- Co-ordinating Development Consent and Building Approval Conditions and ensuring that they are taken into account in preparation of detailed drawing and in the construction.
- Obtain budgets form the various consultants and contractors co-ordinating the various budgets and monitoring expenditure including obtaining approvals for and tracking variations.
- Obtaining clearances and approvals from the various Public Authorities and authorizing payments to these Authorities.
- Co-ordinating the input of various consultants eg. Landscape Engineering, Civil Design, Acoustic Design and possibly Traffic Engineering.
- Obtaining Approvals for amendments to Development Consents and Building Approvals where necessary.
- Lodgement of all applications with Council and relevant authorities and following through to ensure early and acceptable approvals.
- Monitoring and regulating the design, approval, and construction process with the actual and predicted completions.
- Arranging and conducting meetings with the consultants, contractors and client representatives as required. Preparing and distributing minutes and setting out follow-up actions.
- Ensuring that Quality Control procedures are implemented to standards set.
Read more about PHILLIS & ASSOCIATES ARCHITECTS
1. Continually improve the technical, aesthetical and environmental quality of society
2/7 Esplanade, Somerton Park SA 5044
Send us a message by filling out the form below and we will reply to your email.