PROJECT NAME: MAWSON LAKES TAVERN, MAIN STREET, MAWSON LAKES
The format of the design is based on Delfin Real Estate’s “ Mawson Lakes Town Centre” Brief and the Mawson Lakes Town Centre/University Campus Master Plan prepared by the Denton Corker Marshall Group.
As part of the Design Brief the following were addressed:
- The Tavern/Hotel is a key and signature “Landmark “ building.
- The operation needs to function as a community meeting place such as the “corner pub” where students,residents,and the working population can interact.
- Sidewalk drinking.
- Facades that open onto the sidewalk.
- Balconies over footpaths.
- Building to be a minimum of 2 storeys.
- Gaming to be addressed tastefully and sensitively.
- External signage kept to a minimum.
- Access to University was addressed, with the site acting as an interface with the Uni.
- Motel accommodation-38 apartments&Conference Facilities.
- Walls: Painted precast concrete panels.
- Roofs: Generally low pitch shielded from view with some pitched roof forms.
- Windows: Ground floor areas ,stackable bifold doors opening on to “ALFRESCO” Dining areas with pergolas over and vines.
- Colours: To meet provisions of B2 Architectural Form- drawn from pallets of yellows, reds, oranges, greens, & browns.
This Award Winning Project was built by Badge Constructions over a period of 6 months, at an approx. cost of $7,000,000.
See some of our Other Projects
Project Barossa Shopping Centre
Project Barossa Village Inc.
Project Freedom Student Apartments
Project Schild Estate Wines
Project Springfield House
Project Waves on Somerton
2/7 Esplanade, Somerton Park SA 5044
Send us a message by filling out the form below and we will reply to your email.